Whiskey Coffee Hanger Steak
This is a thick and sweet marinade with a hint of acidity from the lime juice.
- A cut of steak, preferably Hanger or Apron
- 1 shot of whiskey
- 1 tablespoon of molasses
- 1 teaspoon of brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon lime juice
- 1/2 Tablespoon of finely ground coffee
- A pinch of salt and pepper
- Combine all the ingredients and mix well.
- Cover the cut of meat in the marinade and for best results leave it in the fridge overnight.
- Broil steak to your liking.
- I prefer to cook my steak on the rarer side and use the low setting on the broiler to brown the exterior. The sugars will caramelize and I will periodically spoon the liquids in the pan onto the steak until its reached the desirable level of doneness.
Vermont Life Magazine http://vermontlife.com/