Ultimate Chocolate Cake
This chocolate cake really is the ultimate, especially when frosted with our Mocha Buttercream Frosting.
- 1 cup Lake Champlain Chocolates Organic Fair Trade Unsweetened Cocoa
- 3 scant cups flour
- 2 cups sugar
- 2⅓ cups warm water
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1½ teaspoon salt
- 1¼ cups melted butter
- 2 tablespoons vinegar
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- (Note: There are no eggs in this recipe)
- Mix dry ingredients in a large bowl.
- Stir in the wet ingredients. Beat until smooth.
- Butter a tube cake pan and dust with flour.
- Bake in oven at 350° for one hour or until toothpick is removed dry.
Vermont Life Magazine http://vermontlife.com/