Jane's Curried Apple Soup
- 4 large onions, peeled and chopped
- 1 cup of butter
- 1 tablespoon of fresh ginger, grated
- ¼ cup of curry powder
- 1 tablespoon of cinnamon
- 12 tart apples, chopped
- 6 quarts chicken stock
- 4 cans of coconut milk
- Sea salt and pepper to taste
- Sauté onions in butter.
- Add ginger & cinnamon. Cook slightly to toast.
- Add apples and chicken stock and simmer until apples are soft. (Option: reserve 1 cup of apple pieces to add later to soup.)
- Puree soup in blender or food mill. If you wish the recipe to be vegetarian, replace chicken stock with vegetable stock. If you are vegan, you may swap out both meat stock and butter and the recipe should still be delicious.
- Season to taste.
Vermont Life Magazine http://vermontlife.com/